I’m worried about losing my home to foreclosure
Select Milwaukee has been working with the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC) Program for close to four years. Studies show that homeowners who receive NFMC counseling are 70 percent more likely to find workable solutions to their mortgage. Thousands of people in the Milwaukee area will face foreclosure this year. Select Milwaukee provides services to those homeowners at risk of losing their home.
- Are you delinquent on your mortgage or have you received a notice of intent to foreclose?
- Are you still current on payments but experiencing a hardship such as a loss of income, reduction of income or health crisis?
- Are you underwater in your mortgage, meaning that you owe more than what the house is worth, and are unable to refinance?
DON’T WAIT! You are not alone, and Select Milwaukee is here to help.
The first step is to call our Preservation Intake Specialist at 414-299-3622 to schedule a one-on-one meeting with one of our Homeownership Preservation Specialists.
Below are the required Authorization Forms that are required before you schedule your one-on-one appointment. You will need to print, fill out, and then scan/email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to the attention to the Preservation Intake Specialist at 414-562-5072. We cannot schedule an appointment without this authorization. Below is also the list of documents that you must bring to your one-on-one Specialist appointment.
Once you have called the Preservation Intake Specialist and submitted the Authorization Forms, you will schedule a one-on-one appointmenet with a Homeownership Preservation Specialist. The Specialist will:
- Help you understand your mortgage
- Evaluate your monthly income and expenses
- Explain options that may be available to you to help you avoid foreclosure
- Negotiate with your mortgage company to find a "work out option" to help you get through a temporary crisis and stay in your home
- Experience a "soft landing" if you decide not to keep your home
Select Milwaukee is also offering the Mortgage Check-Up events in collaboration with Sherman Park Community Association and the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee to help people learn about their refinance and mortgage modification options. Events are from 6:00-7:30pm at the Mary Ryan Boys & Girls Club, 3000 N Sherman Blvd. Seating is limited. Call 414-444-9803 ext. 107 to RSVP.
Si usted está enfrentando la ejecución hipotecaria o ya no puede pagar su hipoteca y necesita ayuda en español, por favor llame al (414) 562-5070 para sacar una cita con nuestro consejero bilingüe. Para ver cuánto tiempo tarda el procedimiento legal, haga click aquí. Select Milwaukee le puede ayudar con los servicios descritos aquí. Para que esté preparado para su cita, le pedimos que vaya juntando esta información y la traiga a su cita. ¡Llame hoy!
- For a visual timeline of the foreclosure process, click here.
- To learn more about recognizing scams and fraudulent mortgage assistance programs, visit Take Root Milwaukee's website here.
- For more information on the federal “Making Home Affordable” program, click here.
- For more information on the Independent Foreclosure Review program going through July 31, 2012, click here.
- To learn more about the multi-state mortgage settlement, click here.
- To apply for the Mediation Program, click here.
- Click Here to listen to Select Milwaukee Homeownership Preservation Specialist Brenda Brown discuss the foreclosure crisis on Lake Effect.